Job Number: DaV 31901
Position: Application Engineer
Location: San Jose, CA
Job Duties & Responsibilities
This position serves as EDA (Electronic design automation) tools technical support to customers. This position will work with customers and assist to create solution for the problems customers encountered when using our EDA tools. The major duties are:
- Provides pre- and post-sales technical support for SoC (System-On-Chip) and Mix-signal design products. Prepares and delivers technical presentation and explaining products to the users and prospective customers.
- Articulate customer issues to Research and Dvelopment teams, provide solutions to meet customers’ needs and provide technical guidance to product engineering to improve timing and power requirements.
- Solve complex Analog and Mixed Signal (AMS) and System-on -Chip (SoC) design problems involving custom circuit analysis and high-speed VLSI design with various CAD tools.
- Perform engineering application evaluations that involve complex IC design, ASIC design flow and circuitry, and conduct tool performance benchmarks and product presentations to tool users and customers.
- Prepare application notes and provide training and tool support to customers running our design and verification tools and simulators.
- Provide application engineering support for hardware-accelerated SPICE and GPU-turbo parallel SPICE simulators to customers.
- Develop utilities by using Perl and TCL scripting languages to support debugging/ troubleshooting problems with UNIX operating systems.
Requirements of Education and Experience
– Bachelor’s degree in EE and 2+ years of semiconductor or EDA industry experience is required. Master degree in EE is preferred.
– Excellent knowledge in the followings is required: Analog and Mixed Signal design flow, and design and timing closure with proficiency in TCL, Perl, and shell scripting.
– Technical experience or specialization in the following areas: electrical circuits, digital logic and state machine design, data structures and algorithms, object-oriented programming, signal and systems, VLSI in circuits, FPGA synthesis, CAD design of digital VLSI system, mixed-mode VLSI systems, integrated circuits, etc.
– Excellent communication skills.
Medical, Dental and Vision insurance plans, FSA plan, Paid time off, 401K, Team building events, etc.
Job Type: Full-time