Skipper is a high performance chip finishing tool capable of efficiently handling today’s largest layout databases. Skipper enhances designer productivity and accelerates tape-out.
Architected with an optimized database, highly effective memory management system and unified GUI, Skipper is an easy-to-use chip-finishing platform and capable of handling large layouts (over 100GB GDS).
Built-in applications include:
- Merging standard cells and IPs,
- Layout editing, hierarchically delete, net tracing, searching, and Boolean operations,
- Handling fast layout vs. layout comparison in GUI and batch mode,
- Seal-ring sizing,
- Debugging DRC/LVS results,
- Preparing FIB data for device analysis and instruction for FIB operation.
- Fast and high-capacity ( 100+ GB) layout viewer / navigator / editor
- Efficient memory footprint
- Support GDSII / OASIS / MEBES / GZ
- Fast full-chip layout comparison between different layout format (FlashLVLTM)
- Full-chip trace-net and debug
- High performance and convenient IP merge
- Built-in DRC/LVS debugger (ArgusTM and PVETM)
- Prepare data and document for FIB
- One of the fastest tools for importing and viewing layout data
- Unique “layout server” mode to share layout data
- Large data handling capacity—over 100GB GDS Integrated chip-finishing platform